Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gone too soon...

Our beautiful, sweet niece... Leah... passed away one week ago.  
It has been so difficult accepting this tragedy. 
(My niece Ally put it best...) "At this time of suffering and heart ache, we are grateful for the plan of redemption- the plan of happiness. We know we will be with our beloved Leah again. We know that families sealed together by the power of God cannot be broken. We know that Leah is encircled about in the arms of our Father in Heaven. My Mother says she can see Grami welcoming Leah and giving her a swift pat on the butt. We will always remember Leah for her tender heart. She felt so much. For her kindness and her motherly love. For her laugh and her sense of humor. She was over at the house for Thanksgiving, just a few days before her passing. She was happy and kind and had all these productive plans and righteous desires to help her get beyond her struggles and enjoy life with her family and her two children. All she wanted was to be a good mother and a kind daughter, and she was. We all love her very much, and we will miss her sorely."
My heart breaks for my sweet sister and her amazing husband and their beautiful family.  We have always been so close and I claim her 5 daughters as my own.  Leah spent so many summers with us and especially spent so much time with Ben when he was little.  He was her shadow!  
 I need to record a little of the time we spent with her over the past 30 years... Oh LeeLee how we love you and will miss you!

   Aunt Lisa with Leah!


On our Wedding Day..with our LeeLee

Leah with Tyler as a baby


   With Tyler and Brad 


Leah with her Ben...







                                           
And more recently...
   With her beautiful children

 With her beautiful Mom


 Five forever sisters on Thanksgiving 2011

 Leah... You have been a gift in my life.  I love you forever and always!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute, Lisa. Our hearts ache for you and your family. Stay strong and be good to yourself! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet and beautiful tribute Lisa. Thanks for sharing with us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that Lisa, I haven't been able to bring myself to look at yours or Mom's blogs yet. But I needed it today. Love you.

    ReplyDelete