Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Week!
We began the week with the final two shows of "Shrek the Musical"... This deserves its own post, but Noah was so blessed to have so much support! Our Stake President and Home Teacher, Pres. Raines brought his family, Noah's Sunday School Teacher, and several neighbors came.  It was so fun to have them there!
But the best was that Ben brought Melissa and sweet Everly! Noah got to meet her for the first time...

It was so wonderful to have them home!  Then Ben went to closing night... after the show he gave Noah a big hug... he said "I wanted to tell him how great he did, but I just cried..."  and Noah cried... it was very tender!  Ben was so proud of him and couldn't believe what a great job he did and how wonderful his voice sounded... it was amazing!

On Thanksgiving morning we drove to Duck Creek to a gorgeous cabin.  Linda and Allyn's dear friends invited them to use their cabin, and we were lucky enough to be invited!  James and I, Noah, EJ, Brad, Cami and Asa joined the Schlauder clan... what an amazing few days!
We shared some amazing food... as always!
And wonderful company...
We had so much fun playing games... and the event of the week was SNOWMOBILING!  Everyone had a blast!
Jennie convinced Noah to go... wahoo!!!
And...YES... I even put a helmet on and James took me for a ride!  Linda and I went with Allyn and James and had a blast!  A little scary when James dumped me into the snow ;)... but I learned to lean the right way into a turn!
Asa couldn't get enough of the snow!  Brad built him a snow fort...
And he wanted to take a ride, too!
They had a cool slide and fort.... Asa told us what all the animals said!
The kids took a late night ride to the meadow to see the stars.  We followed in the car... I don't think I have ever see the stars so bright.  
As we drove back to the cabin, it looked like a Hallmark Movie... (and I should know as I can be found watching the Hallmark Channel every day... I know I am sappy for Christmas movies!)
It was so beautiful!
What wonderful memories were made this Thanksgiving.  We are so grateful for our family... wonderful Children and Grandchildren... We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment