Friday, December 14, 2012

4 Days

On Monday January 3, 2011 we took all the family and a couple of friends out to Tucano's to celebrate Ben's 19th Birthday!  It was so fun!
 They had Ben stand on a chair while we all sang to him.  Yes...shy Ben was on a chair being crazy...and loving all the attention (hmmm...)
 We had fun at the Riverbottoms...they decorate for Christmas so fun!




 We especially loved warming up by the fire!
 Knowing it was FREEZING!...  We gathered all our coats, gloves, hats and blankets before we left home.  After dinner we went to one of our favorite places..."The MTC Hill"...it is right across the street from the MTC, below the Provo Temple.  With each of our missionaries, we have gone to that hill and looked down on the MTC...James has shared advice and testimony.  Ethan has his favorite "Ethan's tree"...  we went up the hill and through the snow to get to his tree.  We had 4 returned missionaries there (James, Tyler, Brad and Cami) who shared their testimony with Ben.
 It was priceless!  Oh...and did I mention it was cold???!!!


 We then sang "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission, "Called to Serve", and our family song
"Golden Roads" that Tyler wrote.  It was one of the most tender, special and spiritual moments of my life. 
The Spirit surrounded us all...

"GOLDEN ROADS"
Dixon Family Song
by Tyler Dixon
Looking outside, it's raining again...it reminds me of the time when...
Leaves would turn red, and there were still questions inside my head...
And for every answer there came two more to take it's place.
But I'll...I'll follow your words back
to the place where you told me that love has no boundaries,
and I'll...I'll hold your hand as we walk down the road made of gold that we know exists...
There have been times where I've had my doubts of what this life is all about...
It's not about money or temporal things...it's about FAMILY and God holds the keys
to everything that we need to grow and to realize the things that we already know...
I'll follow your words back
to the place where you told me that love has no boundaries,
and I...I'll hold your hand as we walk down the road made of gold that we know exists...
 And I'll see you there my love...and we'll talk about the way we felt 
when we were down here from above...were we grateful enough?  
Well I think that's one thing that we can all work on, so we can stay strong...
And I'll follow your words back to the place where you told me that love has no boundaries,
I'll hold you hand as we walk down the road made of gold that we know exists...

You really should hear Tyler sing it sometime...or even better... all my boys and James wrote in some harmonies and sang it at Brad's Wedding.  It is a special song for us and I am so grateful for the tears that came that night as we sang this song as a family, in the freezing cold...
but the Spirit warmed our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment